[TenTec] Omni V.9 Upgrade Chip

Rick Williams rick.williams at telus.net
Mon Feb 24 09:39:21 EST 2003

You can read about it at:

     http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u/OmniV9.html

I did the mod in 2000 and would NOT turn it back. (Thanks Carl!!)  My main
need was to get a serial port that most logging and control software worked
with (I'm using "Logger" software).  This filled the bill and provided a
BUNCH of other features.  I am now also using the RX-320 as a sub-receiver
(with full general coverage) via the Omni V.9 upgrade and the RX antenna on
the Omni.  An extremely neat package.

On the negative side - The mod requires you to re-label or re-distribute the
keys on the front panel.  I was one of the first to do this and I was able
to obtain ENTER, SHIFT and CLEAR keys from Ten-Tec.  It is my understanding
that obtaining keys is now more difficult.  If we could get someone to
volunteer to re-label a bunch of keys in conjunction with Carl's chip offer
we'd have a winner.

If you'd like any further info or a picture of the keyboard I'd be happy to
forward it to you.

73,

Rick
VE7ASR