[TenTec] Microphone for Omni D

Cliff csegar at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 26 09:09:37 EST 2003

At 11:53 AM 2/25/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Best current microphone for Omni D. I am thinking of
>D-104? Any comments would be appreciated.

I set one of these up for a friend & it worked great.
First take the whole thing apart - saving all the screws, etc. Clean and
pollish all the shiney crome to get all the crud out.
Carefully remove the element and any electronics and put them in a box.
Get 2 pieces of foam - one being very thin ~1/8" and the other ~1/2" thick.
Cut these to fit onside the lolipop head. The thick one will go toward the
back and the thin one should be next to the screen. Very carefully, solder
the audio leads to an HC5 element and center it between the foam. Put all
the screws back in.
Take the box with the old element and electronics to a ham fest and sell it
to a 75m AMer running a BC610.
You will be very happy and get good reports.
de KD4GT