[TenTec] TENTEC/VIBROPLEX PADDLE

W4LT George Tonsmeire w4lt at mchsi.com
Fri Feb 28 23:01:43 EST 2003

Glenn

You may want to try the Code Warrior Jr. which is the $99 Vibroplex which
uses magnets and is very crisp - I very much like the way the magnets work
(as opposed to springs) and the key is very rugged. It is small but heavy
enough to stay put. Vibroplex actually is $20 cheaper than Ten Tec for the
same key in the charcoal black powder coat base and will continue to offer
it, but Ten Tec is sold out. They say there will be no more so I guess there
will be some demand for the Ten Tec Keys. I suspect that Vibroplex has
agreed not to make a Ten Tec color (although the standard Vibroplex color is
an exact match for the Orian, Argonaut V and new radios and amps.) I will
suggest that Ten Tec make a Ten Tec Code Warrior in the near future, but
that is just my idea.

If you do have trouble with stuff moving around, Radio Shack makes some
stuff which I think is actually called "sticky stuff" that will hold super
great - I saw a display where a cell phone was stuck vertically and not
falling or sliding off. It is about $5 for a big sheet.

Let me know if you try the Code Warrior -I would like your opinion.
73
George
W4LT