[TenTec] Jupiter video + 238A review

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj@hotmail.com
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 03:34:34 +0000

If you can't make it to the factory the Ten Tec Jupiter video is the next
best thing.  For ten bucks you get an 8 minute factory tour and 20 minutes
on the Jupiter.  Since I was interested in both, $10 didn't seem like too
much to pay.  Besides, since the video, hat and coffee mug don't have model
numbers I figured they wouldn't be showing up on the used/demo list, so
there wasn't any point in waiting.  Yes, I was kidding.  From the video I
learned that the metal working part of the business was much bigger than I
thought, and that product assembly and testing is more sophisticated and
thorough than I had expected it to be.  For all you TT fans I suggest
getting the video the next time you are phoning in an order.

The Feb. 2003 QST will run a product review of 5 feedline matching networks,
one of which is the 238A.  ARRL members who can't wait can go to
www.arrl.org, login and look at it under the Feb. 2003 product reviews.

73,

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ