[TenTec] Orion - cooling fan

George, W5YR w5yr@att.net
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 01:09:52 -0600

"Intermittent commercial and amateur service."

Several definitions around for ICAS numerically but it is on the order
of 5 minutes on and 20 minutes off, for example. The important point
is that it is not key-down continuous operation. That is CCS or
Continuous Commercial Service.

CW and SSB have a low enough duty ratio so as not to strain the finals
too much. PSK31 has a typical duty ratio of 60-80% depending upon
character content - 50% when idling in two-tone. RTTY and SSTV are
100% duty cycle.

I don't know whether it mounts internally or externally but you buy
the fan as part of the total system price of $4432, the last time I
added up the prices of everything but the hand mike - not counting the
special Heil mike or Vibroplex paddle, etc.

I will respond to your enquiry later . . .

73/72, George
Amateur Radio W5YR -  the Yellow Rose of Texas
In the 57th year and it just keeps getting better!
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe
K2 #489  IC-765 #2349 IC-756 PRO  #2121 IC-756 PRO2 #3235