[TenTec] Jupiter/LDG AT-11MP Tuner

Lee Groce n4aad@yadtel.net
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 00:59:08 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: <WmLB@attbi.com>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 23:35
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter/LDG AT-11MP Tuner

 Hi Bill,
 I bought a Jupiter with the internal antenna tuner in early April 2002.
It has acted strange at times too. TT told me as long as swr did not
exceed 2:1 I would be ok.

 Last Saturday, a friend dropped by and I showed him my Jupiter.
I had the power at about 40 per cent and noticed as he played with
the key swr was nearing 2:1 on 40 Meter CW. After he left, I played
around and could not get swr below 2:1 on any band.
Two days ago I was on 40 Meters and the internal tuner tuned from
1.0:1 to 1.6:1 on all bands just fine.  Now I am confused! This is not
the first time this has happened either.
For those who may think it's in my antenna; when my internal auto
antenna tuner would not tune below an swr of 2:1 and higher, my manual
antenna tuner tuned to 1.2:1 as soon as I put it in line.

I want to talk to the folks at TT and see if they will take out my
internal
antenna tuner and replace it with the external LDG AT-11MP Tuner
thinking it may work better.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems with the Jupiter/AT ?
After reading what Bill has to say, I am at a loss of what to do.

73,
Lee  N4AAD