[TenTec] Microphones for Omni VI

Robert Dwiggins II robert.dwiggins@alumni.utexas.net
Sun Jan 12 01:20:25 EST 2003

Hello All,

I just purchased an Omni VI/3 from Joe, W2KJ.  The rig arrived in beautiful
condition, but a microphone was not included in the purchase.  Since I plan
to use the rig on SSB as well as CW and digital, I'd like some input about
microphones that work well (or badly) with this rig.  I was originally going
to order one of the new Heils from Tentec, but Stan Brock at Tentec
suggested the 705 instead.  At that point, I started looking into microphone
specs and found that I either didn't understand the specs or the specs
didn't include the numbers I needed to figure out which microphones would
work well with an Omni.

As a result, I'd appreciate input from other hams regarding microphones for
the Omni or technical advice to help me sort things out on my own.

Thanks and 73,

Bob WA5IHZ