[TenTec] Orion tuner

Jim Reid jimr.reid@verizon.net
Mon Jan 13 01:59:29 EST 2003

> Why do I need the tuner with the Orion, Still have a chance to
> change my mind. Have good antennas and a mfj  tuner.

If you are only just now,  or recently ordering your Orion,  makes
no difference to delivery.  But,  if you ordered your rig a few
months ago,  adding the AT unit now,  will bump you to "the
end of the line",  as the AT bearing rigs have been sold out
for a couple of months now,  as I understand the situation.

Anyway,  I did not order the auto tuner;  don't particularly
care for them in the transceiver as I do use an amp from
time to time,  so use an external tuner which follows the amp.
If no amp,, the signal still passes through that tuner.  Also,
one of my antennas is a ladder line fed doublet which goes
via an old Johnson kWMatchox balanced line tuner -- an
auto tuner in the transceiver does not deal with balanced line.

Just my situation....

73,  Jim  KH7M