[TenTec] Truth in Lending!!

WILLIAM MANSEY; WA2PVK res0wsci@verizon.net
Tue Jan 14 16:46:34 EST 2003

    Personally I prefer having a bunch of "options" despite the appearance
of a potentially misleading "lower" list price.  I certainly would not want
to pay the additional cost of included "standard" items that I either do not
want, need, or already have.  Many Yaecomwood rigs come with the antenna
tuner included in the radio AND the price.  No choice to save a couple
hundred bucks there!  Why pay for the tuner if you use amps and/or have a
tuner already?
    Someone mentioned that this thread would die once people started getting
too busy, with their Orions, to keep it going.  This is likely true.  I am
patiently awaiting the chance for me to play with an Orion and I am
definitely waiting to hear what other Orion owners have to say about their
experiences and first impressions.
    I had an IC-746 and a TS-570 at the same time as my Jupiter.  I used
them side by side by side (well - almost!  one was on the upper shelf) and
guess what?  The Jupiter is still here and the other rigs are gone.  Now
there is a nice "hole" on the lower shelf that is waiting for an Orion to
fill it. If anyone has some of those TOL Yaecomwoods I would love to hear
their side by side comments concerning the Orion.
    I can understand the reason(s) for the "delay" in the release of the
Orions.  Many, if not all, eyes are looking at Sevierville and what is about
to come out of there!  Ten-Tec has a great deal riding on the Orion and
there is only ONE chance to make a great FIRST impression!
    Somehow that "Capital One" commercial comes to mind right now.  I do NOT
think that Ten-Tec wants to see those Snow Beasts (and not for reasons of
high interest rates)  heading in their direction!!! :-)    73,  Bill

---