[TenTec] Truth in Lending!!

Duane Grotophorst n9dg@yahoo.com
Wed Jan 15 02:25:57 EST 2003

The main point of my earlier rant (ok it was bit of a
flame, sorry  :-( ) was to dispel the myth that the
Orion and its accessories are being marketed
differently than its competition, simply not so.
Virtually all radios are offered with a variety of
accessories that drive final price upward (some of
which may not even be needed or wanted). It really
does come down to individual choice and deciding for
yourself what things are most important to you, and
that's precisely the way things should be.

For 80% or so of all QSO's folks make the lowest
priced radios will talk and hear just as good as the
top end models will. It really comes down to how much
effort and/or $'s you want to put into getting that
extra edge for that last 20 or so percent.

73,
Duane
N9DG