[TenTec] TT and staying on freq

Paul Valko w8kc at comcast.net
Thu Jan 23 12:36:31 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: tlogan7 at cox.net
Date: Thursday, January 23, 2003 10:40 am
Subject: [TenTec] TT and staying on freq

> Can any one suggest what I can do to eliminate as
> much drift as possible and get the rig as dead on freq as
> possible? A rig like my Pro II is consistently dead on with no
> drift that I am aware of - but the technology is entirely
> different than the much older Corsair II. Any thoughts?

Well Tim,

To paraphrase Crash Davis from the film Bull Durham, "Rigs that don't
drift are boring.  Besides that, they're fascist.  Hams spend good
money on radios with dual VFOS and RIT.  For cryin' out loud, let them
USE them."

You can look it up.

God, I LOVE that movie! :-)

73! =paul= W8KC
Collector of drifty rigs and other fine plastics.
Visit the Drifty Rig Museum at:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w8kc

"Cute? Baby ducks are cute!  I want to be exotic."