[TenTec] Perspective on Collins R390A

Carl Moreschi n4py at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 23 23:24:35 EST 2003

One other thought.  Any of the old type receivers that has a BFO and does
not have a product detector can copy SSB quite well.   All you do is run the
AF gain full and use the RF gain control as a volume control.  You do not
have AGC with this method but SSB comes out quite nicely.  I do this now
with my old Collins 75A1 (1950) and also my RCA ACR-155 (1937).

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC