[TenTec] 229B Tuner Question

Richard.Knox at veridian.com Richard.Knox at veridian.com
Fri Jan 24 08:08:45 EST 2003

Good Morning Ten Tec Fans!

    I just picked up a spare TT Model 229B tuner for my shack.  I noticed it has
the extra capacitor mounted on the back of the cabinet which I think is to
facilitate better matching for low impedances on 160 Meters.    I don't operate
on 160 Meters and wonder if I should remove this for my normal operations on the
higher bands?    Appreciate your insights and guidance on this.    My e-mail
address here is:  Richard.Knox at Veridian.com

   Thank you in advance and 73!   de KD4BRL  Dick Knox