[TenTec] Help with CW

Ronald Davis ke4vpn at carolina.rr.com
Sat Jan 25 22:01:25 EST 2003

Hello
I want to be a serious cw operator, and it is killing me that I am just code
dumb. I have tried half hearted for the last couple of years to build my
speed up, and just when I start getting my speed up, something happens to
keep me off the radio for several weeks and Im back at the starting point
again. I have tried pc programs, mfj tutor, listening to on the air QSOs,
calling cq for hours and nothing seems to be clicking for me. I would very
much like to meet someone on the list who can and will take time to help a
beginner with code practice. I would very much like to make a regular
schedule with someone, or learn where to go to listen to cw nets? Someway to
build my speed and to hold my interest, cw is what I want to do, and ssb is
boring to me. Any help that the group can give a struggling "cw operator
wanna be" will be greatly appreciated. I truly enjoy cw and Ten Tec radios,
but somehow, someway, something has got to give, or im afraid I will just
give up. Sorry for the long post, and but maybe someone has been where im at
and maybe someone can help me, if so please email direct.
Thanks
Ronnie
ke4vpn "A wanna be CW Operator"