[TenTec] Help with CW

David Kelley dkelley at bucknell.edu
Sun Jan 26 13:30:34 EST 2003

Ronnie,

One other thing you can do that hasn't been mentioned
is to operate in any major CW contest.  I say "major"
contest because that kind will offer the chance for you
to go from QSO to QSO with little down time in between.
As you operate your adrenaline will start flowing, and
you'll find that your code speed will start going up as
you go after that next multiplier or that rare DX station.
Contests are valuable for increasing code speed
because the competition provides some of the
motivation you need to push yourself.

If you've never operated in a contest before, the ARRL
web site has lots of good information on how to get
started:

www.arrl.org

You can also pick the brains of your local contest ops.
(That's probably the best way to learn about them.)

73 and good luck!

Dave NB4J

--
David F. Kelley, Ph.D.