[TenTec] Be Careful Updating

Ken Kirkley no4d at charter.net
Sun Jan 26 20:43:51 EST 2003

Just a note to remind each of you to be careful when updating your TenTec radios. I was updating my Argonaut V yesterday when I absend-mindedly left the serial cable connected to the Jupiter. Just as I told the computer to begin the process I realized what I had done...): ugh

Sorry to say my Jupiter is now dead in the water. It dosen't know what to do with the Argonaut V code. I talked to Paul at TenTec after trying what I could. Bottom line...I have to ship back for them to unscramble its brain. I goofed by not being sure that the serial cable was connected to the right rig.

I have asked Scott/Stan to look into possilbly having the updating software to query the radio before starting the process to be sure that the right code is going to the right rig. Not sure if this is possible, but thought I would at least ask.

PLEASE be sure you have the right rig connected before updating, or you may be shipping back to TenTec.

Ken/NO4D