[TenTec] Argonaut V

WILLIAM MANSEY; WA2PVK res0wsci at verizon.net
Wed Jan 29 13:08:40 EST 2003

I got my new Argonaut V on Monday.  It is a great little rig!  I did not do
any transmitting until a little while ago.  I heard OK1CF, Czech Republic,
calling QRZ on 15 meters.  I was pleasantly surprized to hear him come back
to me.  I got a great signal report (5-9) from him.  The antenna I was using
was "just" a Cushcraft MA5V vertical and I was running the Argonaut at a
whopping 20 Watts!  This is my first experience running QRP.
My other impressions of the Argonaut V are equally great.  This rig is
definitely a "keeper"!!!    73,  Bill

---