[TenTec] Corsair II and Pro II keying

Joe Blackwell aa4nn at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 30 11:10:06 EST 2003

Do not use the Corsair II internal keyer because the dit/dot duration and
spacing will most likely have a different staccato than from your logikey.
Switch the keyer to either rig.
73, Joe, aa4nn

sellers nuts in the process), I have a Corsair II and a 263G on its way to
me. It will be sitting next to my Pro II by next week. After this week's
interesting discussions about keying delays etc, I plan to do a subjective
tes. I have a FISTS code buddy for an elmer and we have a Weds schedule.
Our ragchews last from a 1 to 2 hours depending on the band. Last week I
was able to up my speed to 25 wpm and maintain it (I've been a Ham for 2.5
years, but slow learner hi hi). I will use each radio alternately without
letting him know which one - and then have him describe how it sounds at
his end and which is more preferable. I will also adjust my Logikey as
George has suggested. This may still be too slow of a speed to help with
A/B testing - but will see what happens. For me, what matters is what I
experience on the air - because the "stats" mean less to me. For example,
even though the "stats" on my K2 are !
> theorectically better, I sold it because the Pro II is a much better tool
in my own particular operating environment. Anyway,the Corsair II has often
been described as one of the best cw machines TT ever made - and there is
no DSP - just the PTO etc - so it should be a really neat experiment in a
lot of ways. If anyone is interested I will post the results - subjective
of course!
>   I wonder if I should use the Logikey with both rigs or stay with the
Corsair's internal keyer while making the comparison?