[TenTec] Disparaging Corsairs, Pro II, etc hi hi

Alderman, Chester CAlderma at ora.fda.gov
Fri Jan 31 06:11:45 EST 2003

Tim,

	As an active CW operator for the past 53 years, I have a slightly
different requirement for a transceiver than most hams do. For some 30 years
one part of the hobby I enjoy is full QSK QRQ CW, speeds from 60 wpm to 120
wpm. I've owned Kenwood, Yaesu, and Icom, and of course Ten Tec rigs. During
the years a couple of my QRQ friends were running TS-930's and after a
little modification, they sounded durned good running full QSK at speeds
around 80 wpm. At QRQ, in my opinion, and only based on experience, the very
best full QSK, high speed capable CW transceiver is the Icom IC-781 and the
Corsair II. I could be wrong in this assumption, but I think if a rig will
handle full QSK at 80-100wpm, then it is also going to work pretty well at
normal speed operating conditions.

	Also keep in mind that to most of us hams, the rig that we presently
have on our desk is 'the very best in the world'. Otherwise, why the heck
would we own it?

Tom/W4BQF