[TenTec] 2A GA Omni A, Omni D at w4rrw

Gary Bold g.bold at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jul 1 11:32:43 EDT 2003

Hi Bob,

yes, most people seem to prefer the SPC these days, although I
have gone back to the simple tee because of the slightly better
power efficiency, given the same components.

I discovered the MFJ case heating problem empirically, by just
putting my hand on the top after an extended over and finding it was
quite warm.  Try this with your tuner and see if you get the same.
Every local with an MFJ here who has tried this reports the same
heating.

Regardless, it doesn't make enough difference to tell on the signal
report, but I like to feel that as much of my power as possible is
going out into the wire.

Best wishes for FD next time!

Gary ZL1AN