[TenTec] Centaur amp

Blky4u at wmconnect.com Blky4u at wmconnect.com
Sun Jul 6 15:52:09 EDT 2003

I have a Centaur amp that has developed a problem in the keying circuit...If
you are on CW and more than 25 watts drive the amp will not key on the first
dit or dah which ever the case may be.....after the first did or dah it will
key and continue to key along with the CW input until you finish and let it
'rest' for 15 to 20 seconds then its the same thing again.....On SSB I dont seem
to notice it because after the first pause in the VOX it takes of or if you use
PTT it will key the first time ....as long as there is no drive it will key
the first time.....anybody out there had this problem or is this a unique
one........I did get the fan noise reduced.....I replaced the fan with a fan that
is used in the Drake L-7...its a quality fan with a lot of air movement and
quiet...
Tnx in advance for any help es 73 de Bill        KY4U