[TenTec] field day from hell

AC5E at aol.com AC5E at aol.com
Mon Jul 7 13:28:54 EDT 2003

Let me extend my sympathy, Mike. I have had a couple of Field Days like that
also. Back in '56 we almost broke our backs toting a home brew rig to the FD
site, the mosquitos almost ate us up, and we made 5 contacts in 24 hours.
Whisky Six Party Doll on 40 AM, Whisky Six Police Department on 20 AM, Whisky Six
Pee Dee on 11 AM, (yes it was a ham band then) and Whisky Six Party Doll on 10
AM.

I have always wondered whether they had moved into a cabin across the lake
from us, or they were running a few of those Kalifornia Kilowatts that were
popular back then.

We did a little better this FD, though. With one of my Option 3's we made
1342 Q's,  all SSB. I brought a key but everyone wanted to work phone.  But I'm
hoping for better things next year.

73  Pete Allen  AC5e