[TenTec] Argo V Purchase

KS7J Shack shack at tomochka.com
Fri Jul 18 22:37:22 EDT 2003

Duffy,

I have an LDG tuner, the higher pwr model for a QRO rig. It is not
instantaneous and has to be re-tuned at each band change. The K2 does this
instantaneously (within the limit of the portion of the band it was tuned
for last, but that is usually wide depending on antenna characteristics, I
never change it). The K2 also does it instantly as I switch between my two
antennas, just push a button, bam, it's done. The LDG has to clatter
around for 1 to a several seconds. This doesn't allow me to do quick
antenna comparison, for instance.

I'm not knocking TT equipment, have some, have had others, but in the
price range I couldn't quite see giving up some of these conveniences,
compared just to the Argo V (though one can never have enough radios,
right? <grin>) and besides the K2 has a very hot receiver.

73,

Casey
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:35:52 -0400, <duffyb01 at fuse.net> wrote :

> Casey,
>
> I tend to agree somewhat.  I failed to mention that I already have a LDG
Z11 Autotuner and use that with the Argo and all my other QRP rigs.  It is
not linked to band selection, but is pretty automatic.  As for keyer
buffers, I use an external keyboard to send CW - can't stand the paddles,
bugs and such.