[TenTec] WTB: Ten Tec Argo V/Paragon/Paragon II

dave dabay kd3pc at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 18 21:39:12 EDT 2003

I have a mint Paragon II with the ssb filter (2.8) and a tentec hand
microphone.  I purchased it from a lister last spring (when I had a job
offer) but have still not found gainful employment, so it is for sale.  Ten
Tec gets $1150 bare, when they take them on trade.

It has the usual Paragon annoyances -
sometimes powers up in limbo, turn off and back on solves it
it has a "crackle" (TenTec calls it "eggs frying") when you tune quickly
across the band and that is due to "loose grounds" between boards - I
haven't chased it down as it doesn't bother me.

I will sell mine for the $1150 and I will pay surface shipping (USPS) and
insure it for $1000 to the zip you gave.  Cashiers check or MO will ship
same day.  Personal check will wait till clears.  NO Paypal, as they are too
much hassle to deal with.

dave