[TenTec] Paragon Keying Problem

Bwana Bob wb2vuf at qsl.net
Fri Jul 18 19:10:40 EDT 2003

Mike:

Check the PLL alignment. It sounds like it is taking too long to lock.
Check the voltage on the major loop board. The test point is at the
junction of Q1 collector and Q3 collector. There are 4 VCO's that cover:

0.1 to 7.0 MHz (far right VCO can)
7.0 to 14.0 MHz
14.0 to 22.0 MHz
22.0 to 30.0 MHz (far left)

At the low end of each of the 4 bands, the VCO voltage will be about
2.75 and will increase to about 7.7 V at the high end. Also, if your
board has a pot on U3, adjust it for 3.2 V on the wiper.

			73,

			Bob WB2VUF