[TenTec] Why do people buy TenTec?

LARRY GREENBERG, N5BEA larrylg2 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 22 23:11:28 EDT 2003

When writing this observation, an old Willy Nelson song comes to mind..
Don't ask me why.

Of all the radios I have known.... I have had 3 Argonauts (worked to world
on 20 phone off a vertical)
A Century 21 an Omini D 2 Argosys and of course my 540..  Maybe 1 or two
more.

My first station was an HT37 and a Drake 2B..

I had Two Kenwood 520 and a a 440 and a  couple of 120s.  The  440was
bought new and had a manufacturing defect (a conductive rosen in the front
end). The factory wanted me to pay.. No way. So I dumped it for an old Icom
701 and a few boat anchors.  Well, that was my second ICOM and my last.  My
first was a 735 that I sent back to to Radio Store to get the 440 in the
first place..

I had 2 Yaesus an FT 77 and 101ZD. No real problems but no excitement
either.
Just to be impressive, I had a Collins KWM2A, complete with Grey Suit Case
for easy portability.

TecTec is just a little different, better but why? There is more involved
than just technology.
I will only have  2 rigs in my shack from now on.  The models might change
but the brand won't.

TecTecs--You "gota' luv em."

Larry Greenberg, N5BEA