[TenTec] Argonaut V LSB Annunciator

Ken & Linda Burrough w8keb at 1st.net
Wed Jul 23 11:19:45 EDT 2003

Carl wrote:   My LSB works.  The RIT does not come on until I actually tune in some RIT.
It is off if the actual RIT value is zero.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC

I had to turn on my Argo 5 to see if the annunciators work after updating the to V1.07.  They do just as Carl said.  Now why did I have to look at the rig?  I use Carl's control program when I use the Argonaut V.  I have two reasons for doing it this way, number one is Carl's Keyboard Keyer is the best keyboard I have ever used and I have keyboarded all my CW for the last 17 years.  I CAN NOT out type the type ahead buffer in Carl's set up.  Number two is again back to Carl's program.  With the Argonaut V in the stand alone mode the tuning resolution will only go down to 10 Hz, but Carl has put in the 1 Hz tuning resolution.  I do not use the RIT, instead I split the VFO's and set the tuning resolution on VFO A to 1 Hz and use the right and left arrows on the keyboard to tune in the signal to the side tone I like.  My transmit signal never changes and we can stay on one frequency for the qso, that is IF the other station's rig does not drift.

In my way of operating one Hz tuning resolution is a must.  Ask Scott and Gary in Software, I talked with them at the Ten-Tec Hamfest last year about this.

One last thing, I feel everyone should address Carl--N4py as Mr. Ten-Tec.  Carl has made the Ten-Tec SDR rigs the best thing to come down the pike in many years.

That's it from The Buzzard Roost, have a good day.

Ken/w8keb
Flushing, Ohio