[TenTec] Argo V low output?

Rick Williams rick.williams at telus.net
Thu Jul 24 12:38:06 EDT 2003

Rats!  I've been playing with the Argo and having a ball but this morning
that changed!

Today I have full output on 80 but little to none on the other bands.  (160
m and 60 m have about 10 watts and 20 m about 4 watts.  The rest are less
than 2 watts)  I can only get an ALC indication on 160 through 60 m.  All
readings are with a stable power supply into a dummy load.

In all cases the Argo draws approximately 8 amps at full output setting in
transmit.  The receiver functions perfectly

I've done a Master Reset but no joy.  I have a call into the mother ship but
it has not yet been returned.

Any thoughts from the collective wisdom on the reflector?  Would a reload of
the software (Version 1.07) be worthwhile?

Thanks,

73,

Rick
VE7ASR