[TenTec] Orion Questions

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Thu Jul 24 23:30:20 EDT 2003

> along. Anyway, for starters, is the optional antenna tuner a "memory"
> tuner, or do you have to tune every time you change bands, or go from
> low in the cw portion to high in the phone portion of the same band?
> Also, does the optional antenna tuner work only with antenna "A"?

The tuner works on whichever antenna is selected as the transmit
antenna.

It is not a memory tuner.  Tuning is very fast -- in my experience,
typically under 2 seconds.  You press the TUNE button above the
display, and the transmitter automatically comes on with reduced
power.   When tuning is complete the transmitter turns off.

I looked when I had the box open, bu I'm brain dead tonight.  I
believe the tuner is OEM'd from LDG -- LDG specs are typically 6-
800 ohm loads, 10:1 SWR.

So far, it works like a charm.

Grant/NQ5T