[TenTec] dbm and VU units of audio measurement

Adam Farson farson at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 29 11:52:24 EDT 2003

Hi Stuart,

Not to argue the toss, but...

In all my 35 years in the international telecom industry, I never ran across
dBmw. All our voice-frequency (VF) level meters were calibrated in dBm.

0 dBm  = -30 dBW = 1 mW, independent of impedance. We had 75-ohm selective
level meters (for multiplex alignment) and 50-ohm RF power meters which were
also calibrated in dBm.

Cheers for now, 73,
Adam VA7OJ/AB4OJ