Works with Orion....Re: [TenTec] MixW and use with Orion and Argonaut V

Tom Azlin, N4ZPT tom at n4zpt.org
Wed Jul 30 20:36:32 EDT 2003

Hi Duffy,

Well, I just set up Mix to control my Orion as you suggested (used 57k6
bps, RTS always on, DTR PTT+CW but will also try PTT via CAT) and I can
command the Orion!  It appears to be one way, i.e. MixW32 does not catch
when I change the frequency with the main dial or aux dial so perhaps Mix
is not polling the Orion. But the wheel mouse does work so I will just
leave the dials alone.

Now to test being able to transmitt!  After rewriting my macros to remove
the FT-1000MP Mk V commands and see if Orion commands work!!!

Thanks for the info.

73, Tom N4ZPT

 On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:41:20 -0400, <duffyb01 at fuse.net> wrote:

> I sent Nick an email about enhancing MixW to control the Orion and the
> Argonaut V.  I also sent him files related to the PC control of the Orion

> Please try "Jupiter (enhanced PC control) with
> Argonaut - V and ORION
> The documentation says that Jupiter, ORION and Argonaut have same
> commands
> for frequency and mode control.
> Please let me know the result.<<<
>
> O.K., so I tried it as suggested with the Argonaut V and simply cannot
> get it to work.  I have used the same settings that I use with my Jupiter
> and MixW is simply unable to control the Argo.  Can anyone else give this
> a shot?  Does anyone else have any suggestions as to why it is not
> working?  The N4PY software works perfect with the Argo, but cannot get
> the same result with MixW.
>
> Anyone up to the challenge?
>
> Regards,
>
> Duffy