[TenTec] Future TT projects

tongaloa tongaloa at alltel.net
Mon Jun 2 10:52:32 EDT 2003

Duane Grotophorst wrote:

>--- tongaloa <tongaloa at alltel.net> wrote:
>

>>Adam Farson wrote:
>>

>>>A number of general questions arise out of this
>>>

>>impressive list of "wish
>>

>>>list" items:
>>>

>>Like what would happen if the core hardware pieces
>>were made available
>>along with
>>source code under modified public license. Each
>>special interest
>>community could
>>pursue its own projects and TT could benefit by
>>retaining rights to
>>commercial exploitation.
>>
>>By core hardware, I mean the board set, sans final
>>amp and panel/panel
>>interface.
>>
>>It's one future of radio that will happen with or
>>without TenTec.
>>
>>-Bob
>>

>Definitely, and make no mistake, - it's a future that
>will happen with or without Icom, Yaesu, or Kenwood as
>well.
>
>Duane

It will happen with or without green tea or kippered herring. as well ;-)

It's my opinion that TT is in a good position, with the Orion board set, or
some derivative thereof, to exploit this opportunity, now. The investment
is small, the risk is small, and the potential return is large.
Being first and having relatively inexpensive, quality hardware will create
an inertia that will be difficult for a 'follower' to overcome.

-Bob