[TenTec] Re: Why Ethernet?

Gary Hoffman ghoffman at spacetech.com
Mon Jun 2 19:35:58 EDT 2003

Worrying about keeping the old, traditional radios going isn't what worries
me.  Those radios will always be available, and fond owners will restore
them and repair them forever.

What worries me is the whole Hobby going away.  If we don't get with the
modern day, we are going to become so obsolete and irrelevant that no one
will want anything to do with us, much less give us valuable RF spectrum to
play with.

C'mon guys, we are supposed to be the experimenters pushing the art forward.
We need to do more of that.  And don't forget disaster communications.
Ethernet is totally usefull in that environment.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ