[TenTec] Future TT projects

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer geraldj at isunet.net
Mon Jun 2 20:33:24 EDT 2003

In some catalogs, IBM supplies as wide a variety of PC and laptop PC
hardware as Dell or Compaq and at quite competitive prices. They may not
be out front, but they are sure not a trivial player in the home and
business computer market.

As for OS/2, its a long term wish of Mr. Gates that it be forgotten,
partly because it WORKS like his software wishes it could. OS/2 is still
used in business, in the US and a great deal in Europe. Servers and
multitasking computers running OS/2 have up times on the order of months
(as against days or less for Windoze servers). Not quite as solid as
Linux, but quite good.

I use OS/2 every day (producing software for an OS/2 user) and it
doesn't fail me at all. This software is designed to run without a user,
to produce weather forecasts and weather graphics as well as to collect
and analyze world wide weather data. If you use Weather Bug, the radar
is done by my software, in that case running on an SGI but developed on
OS/2. That is the animation software is on an SGI the radar to be
animated is imaged on an OS/2 box. My software, unlike Gates' software
is designed to do tasks on its own without requiring a mouse/keyboard
driver for repetitive tasks.

73, Jerry, K0CQ

--
Entire content copyright Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer.
Reproduction by permission only.