[TenTec] Some Observations on Orion Stability/Calibration

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Wed Jun 4 15:58:53 EDT 2003

Jim,

When I was first hooking up my RX340, I accidentally plugged my HF antenna
into the external reference input. The front panel LED actually lit
indicating that the RX340 had detected a 10 MHz reference signal (probably
WWV) on that input. Since you are so close to WWVH, why don't you try
hooking up a 10 MHz antenna (as close as you are, maybe just the proverbial
'wet noodle') to your RX340 reference input and see what happens?

73,
Mark

P.S. You make the decision. I'm not going to pay to repair your RX340 if it
blows up <g>.