[TenTec] My Orion's "Dial" Accuraccy

George, W5YR w5yr at att.net
Wed Jun 4 20:58:09 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan" <n7nmd at arrl.net>
To: <tentec at contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 4:59 PM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My Orion's "Dial" Accuraccy

> Remember your soundcard may have a frequency offset in it too.

That is the purpose of measuring the WWV audio tone frequency in AM mode,
Dan. That takes dial calibration out of the picture. If the measured tone
frequency is in error, then you are correct: the soundcard is off frequency.
I don't recall if DigiPan provides for compensating but I think it does. If
not, then the frequency error there is just part of the overall system
correction factor that you use later.

I have used three different soundcards and all three have been right on the
money - just lucky I guess!   <:}

73/72, George
Amateur Radio W5YR -  the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13QE
"In the 57th year and it just keeps getting better!"
<mailto:w5yr at att.net>