[TenTec] hp Z3801A Interface Unit

Jim Reid jimr.reid at verizon.net
Wed Jun 4 16:23:16 EDT 2003

Hi,

For those of you as I am,  perhaps unable,  for whatever
reasons,  to do close in,  fine wire,  tiny circuit board
component mod type stuff,  I have found the following
component.  Seems to be just what is needed to
interface the 25 pin RS-422 connector on the back
of the hp GPS unit to the RS-232 circuit of our PC's.
I will also need DB-25 to DB-9 adaptors to get into
my PC COM port.

Have a look to see if I am correct.  Would save me,  at
least,  a huge amount of effort (coaching my wife how to
do some circuit mods, tiny wire job,  etc.);  would rather
not!  See:

http://www.telebyteusa.com/catalog/products/260.htm

73,  Jim  KH7M