[TenTec] Low Pass Filter Switch Points For Pegasus

Duane Grotophorst n9dg at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 18:09:40 EDT 2003

I was thinking about the new 60M band and was
wondering which LP filter is used for the 5MHz
segment. After some investigation I found that 60M
uses its own LP filter.

Here are the frequency switch points where each of the
LP filters are switched IN for each of the ham bands:

160M - 1.703740 MHz
80M - 2.503740 MHz
60M - 4.003740 MHz
40/30M - 6.485050 MHz
20M - 10.505050 MHz
17/15M - 15.505050
12/10M - 22.005050

These are the values I got with version 1.19 of the
Pegasus firmware. The somewhat peculiar values I cam e
up with do not take into account any frequency
compensation in the control software. Nor did I make
any effort to use the same mode for each band. Either
way these values are representative of what ham band
ranges are covered by which LP filter in the Pegasus.

I'm curious how this compares with the Jupiter? Or
Orion? Or Argonaut V.

Duane
N9DG