[TenTec] Orion 1.346 and 60M

Grant Youngman nq5t at attbi.com
Thu Jun 12 23:45:14 EDT 2003

> You'd think that the factory could find and
> fix these things before they release the
> updates, since most of them have been
> pretty obvious.

I tend to the side of not getting all puckered up about these things.

T-T has  60M coverage in the radio, so you can go listen (not much
there).  The "0" band selector issue will get fixed.  I don't know of
anything I'd call a  "service affecting" issue that isn't resolved -- but
yes, there are some niceties that I'd certainly like to have dealt with.

For the money I spent on the O, I got the radio I expected and then
some.  The "issues" as such are below noise level, and it costs me
nada, nothing, zero, squat to install the latest upgrade/fix.

I wish I could say the same about the continuous stream of
problems I encounter with the costly, often difficult to upgrade,
hardly trouble and bug free,  market leading,  commercial
equipment and software I deal with on a daily basis ....  but then
that's why I and a fair number of people I work with have managed
to maintain the honorable positions of  "employees at will"  .. the
E.E.conomy willing.. :-)

Grant/NQ5T