[TenTec] Alignments

Jim Reid jimr.reid at verizon.net
Sat Jun 14 12:52:44 EDT 2003

Earlier,  I wrote:

> My question:  where is the TCXO alignment adjustment on the
> bottom of the Orion.  I know I must remove the bottom plate,
> but where do I look,  and what should I see?  I assume the
> adjustment is somewhere on the A10 board, the Synth card.
> Special tool needed?

I believe this is a photo of the A10 board,  upper left of this
inside,  bottom view image:

http://www.n9vv.com/Images/Orion/orion-inside3.jpg

I can see both the #12 coax leaving the A10 card and going
over to the A2 rcv/con card;  also the #19 (just barely) going
up top side to the A5 IFCNV card.

So,  where is the TCXO adjustment?  Maybe two possibilities:
the "shiny" silvery gadget with a hole in the top just below the
grommet through which the #12 coax is passing;  or, that blue
colored gizmo maybe a couple inches above where the #12
coax is connected to the A10 card.

Am I close,  hi?

73,  Jim  KH7M