[TenTec] Pegasus, Jupiter or ICOM 706 MKII G?

Guy Zebrick gwzmcz at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 19 20:47:30 EDT 2003

Hey all - I am the happy owner of a great, but vintage  ICOM 740. I am considering hunting for a used bargain Pegasus (or Jupiter). I would like to try a rig with a DSP IF stage, plus I am interested in the performance of the radio when doing SW listening (something I lack with the 740).

My other 2nd rig option would be a ICOM 706 MKII, though it offers only a AT DSP, it seems like quite a deal considering how much they manage to pack into the rig.

Any comments on the used Pegasus (Jupiter) vs. the ICOM 706? The only thing I am sure of is that if I found a deal on a Pegasus I would want the real VFO knob.

Thanks and 73's
WD5ACP