[TenTec] Ten Tec Orion versa Pro II or 1000D

AC5E at aol.com AC5E at aol.com
Tue Jun 24 15:21:41 EDT 2003

I had the two rigs mentioned in the subject here for rig shootouts, and we
were able to copy Europeans on the Orion that were buried in the noise on the
others. The Orion's filtering is superb, audio excellent, learning curve short -
and the second reciever can run with the big dogs.  The transmit phase noise
is also extremely low, making the Orion the rig I wish my next door neighbor
had. Or the other station at Field Day has.

We tried the TS-2000 against an Omni VI+ in April 2002, with disappointing
results. On HF it's a pleasant enough rig but not in the same league as the
FT1000D, Omni VI+, or Orion.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E