[TenTec] GPS Antenna feedline

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Wed Jun 25 21:48:56 EDT 2003

Well, I got things working!  I took a piece of RG8X because I had it some
and attached BNC connectors to both ends after running it through the house
band board into the shack.  I used an old PC network BNC T ( again because I
had one ) connector as a splice between the BNC on the antenna and the
extension.

The signal strengths ( I assume that that is the SS column on the SatStat
display - with the clock outside, directly connected to the antenna I saw
numbers peaking around 160, this evening the highest is about 70 ) are down,
but the clock was able to track 6 satellites in about 15 minutes.  Now to
let the clock stabilze.

This is probably in the manual, but do I need to adjust for the additional
length of coax that I added? Is there a way to let the clock figure that
out?

73,
Mark