[TenTec] Tnx es my 2 cts ARRL Test Equipment

Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX RMcGraw at Blomand.Net
Wed Jun 25 23:06:16 EDT 2003

This is no different than the mileage figure methods stated with
automobiles.  35 MPG on the highway, 25 MPG in town.  Your mileage may vary
depending on driving conditions.

Same true for receives.  They can test them all to the same set of standards
but your results will most likely be different.

(A) The manufactures typically test their products so as to be competitive.
(B) The ARRL performs tests which is a very good attempt to equate all of
them.
(C) Someone's on the air evaluation.

We should accept:  (A) will never = (B) or (B) will never = (A)  But (C) is
always "opinion".

Opinion: 1. a belief not based on certainty but on what seems true or
probable.  2. an evaluation, estimation, etc.  3. formal expert judgment.

73
Bob, K4TAX