[TenTec] Low power output on Argonaut V

Wj5mh at aol.com Wj5mh at aol.com
Sun Jun 29 13:50:47 EDT 2003

In a message dated 6/29/2003 11:45:49 AM Central Standard Time,
ghoffman at spacetech.com writes:

> I'd start by assuming the internal meter is correct, and look for a bad
> connection between the radio and the external tuner, power meter, etc.
>
> 73 de Gary, AA2IZ

Amen...  Check the obvious first.  Connect a borrowed (stand alone) dummy
load directly to the Argonaut V output through a short, known good, newly built,
50 ohm coax jumper, and see what the rig's meter reads.

You didn't say what tuner you were using, but many have problems with cheap
female coax connectors.  Also, your coax jumper may be defective (ground not
connected).  Remember, you're external swr indicator is at the end of the jumper
inside the tuner.

Good luck.