[TenTec] 2A GA Omni A, Omni D at w4rrw

tongaloa tongaloa at alltel.net
Mon Jun 30 16:43:27 EDT 2003

Well it was the MFJ that seemed to be eatin half my watts.
The T match (hombrew) worked great. Set C's to low value,
find resonance with L, peak with C's.
I suspect the MFJ just loses a lot in the tiny components...
My traveling 'tuner' is a BCB variable cap, a hand wound coil,
and some clip leads. Just lay the parts out on the table top, rock,
or whatever is reasonably flat and non conducting. TX output
is a pair of 24" clip leads to the matchng network and antenna
is wire tossed up and out in opposite directions. Simple and works.

-Bob