DRe: [TenTec] Orion Died......

Jim Reid jimr.reid at verizon.net
Mon Jun 30 14:21:18 EDT 2003

> I'm curious and not trying to be rude or nosey, but qwith a
> new product like the Orion and the type of minor problem
> you experienced, who pays the shipping all the way from
> Hawaii?

Well,  I  had to pay Fed Ex $69 for Economy Air to TN from
out here.  I did not ask Paul about that on the phone,
because, per the Limited Warranty,  good for one year,
I pay the shipping to them,  they pay the return after
repair for a fault during the first year.

My $69 also covers "declared value",  which I have found is not
really insurance,  hi.  Several years ago,  I had a Kenwood
rig badly damaged during UPS shipping to the Kenwood
service shop in California.  That required several months,
and an intervention by an amateur radio guy "high up" in
the UPS management team to get resolved.  I did rcv
a check in time to cover the $800 or so repair bill, but it
was not easy, hi. As I say,  without the intervention of a ham
working for UPS,  who happened to learn of my problem
via one of the reflectors (the contest one at the time),
I probably would have just lost the radio.  I lost a chance
to participate in that years CQ DX contests because
of the lack of my radio then.  Now,  I always have a
backup just in case;  now my Corsair II,  sitting here
purring away on 20 meters right now,  hi.

I have never (knock on wood) had any shipping problem
using Fed Ex.

73,  Jim  KH7M