[TenTec] TT / VIBROPLEX PADDLES

RICHARD J JURKOWSKI wb2wgx at juno.com
Sat Mar 1 09:13:00 EST 2003

       I received my TT / Vidroplex Paddles in EXCELLENT condition.I have
# 1-049 which happens to be the year that
I was born.I adjusted the paddles per the instructions and found that
they work great.I also use a Vibroplex Brass
Racer,3 Benchers a Kent and a G4ZPY mini paddle when mobile.When adjusted
properly,they all work very nicely.
      When I receive my paddles (any of them) I put a drop of synthetic
motor oil on the bearings,then wipe off the
excess,so only a thin film remains.Then RE-ADJUST everything for
alignment and feel.
      CW Paddles and semi-automatic keys are precision instruments.They
are very touchy and must be set up by
the operator to match his/her personal touch.I prefer a very light spring
tension and business card gap. The mobile
requires  a larger gap and a bit more tension due to bumps in the road to
keep mistakes to a minimum.It may take several qso's to get the settings
that I am happy with,but it is worth the effort.THEY ARE NOT PLUG AND
PLAY.
      All BUT ONE of my paddles will be for sale when I become a SILENT
KEY,I plan on taking the G4ZPY with me !
Hopefully that will not be anytime soon !

73'S WB2WGX   RICH