[TenTec] RE: RFI and Behringer MX-602a

Hsu, Aaron aaron.hsu at unistudios.com
Mon Mar 3 11:09:49 EST 2003

.01uF bypass caps solved all the RFI problems I had with my station (two
TS-850S/AT's and an Argosy 525 (plus other "on-the-shelf" rigs)).  Tried
everything else (chokes, isolators, prayed for divine intervention, etc) and
lived with RFI (really severe on 20M) for a year before putting the caps in.
Then, like magic, everything cleared up.

I recently picked up an MX-802a last month, but haven't had the time to
"integrate" it yet.  Still need to build a small 20dB pad to drive the mic
and make a couple of cables.  Should work great once I get everything
together.

Try the caps and see if that helps.  "Hot" to shield/ground on coax type
cables, "+" to shield/ground and "-" to shield/ground on shielded cables.
Make sure the shield is grounded!  Another option might be a line isolator
between the radio and the mixer.

73 & GL,

  - Aaron Hsu, NN6O (ex-KD6DAE)
    {nn6o}@arrl.net