[TenTec] New Buttons or Labels for Omni-6+ ??

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Wed Mar 5 16:05:18 EST 2003

Replacing buttons on the Omni front panel requires a bit a disassembly and
reassembly, but can be done.  Many people have replaced / rearranged the
buttons on their Omni V when they upgraded to the Omni V.9 chip update.

However, being lazy myself, I just made a template in Microsoft Word that
had cut outs for the buttons and text that fit above the buttons. I printed
this out, laminated this with a wide piece of clear tape and cut out the
button holes with a sharp knife. I left tape beyond the edges of the paper
and used that tape to attach the template to the radio.

For the Omni V.9 mod the buttons changed were the band keys so the template
I made won't help you directly, but the idea should.

73,
Mark